Wednesday, March 24, 2004

SIR CLIVE HAS LOST THE PLOT

Ollie Barkley had a great game against Wales at fly-half, and while I realise that France are a step-up in quality, I think he deserved to start the game, with Grayson coming on if it wasn't working out. But Sir Clive has not only gone for Grayson as first-choice, he's dropped Barkley so far he doesn't even make the bench! Mike Catt appears to be the bench cover for Grayson despite having consistently shown that his most effective position is at centre.

Normally I think Woodward walks on water, and I admire his hard-headedness and commitment to form over sentiment, but I think he has made 2 mistakes in firstly not picking Barkley to start the game, and then not at least giving him the comfort of being on the bench.

The full team is here for those who care...