Wednesday, February 04, 2004

SINGAPORE

Ok. I admit it. I was wrong. It is actually 30 deg with a chance of rain, not 32. But I think it was still a pretty good forecast. In fact in my next incarnation I might come back as a Singaporean meteorologist. Got to be the easiest job in the world.

The story so far...

After exhaustive (and exhausting) research last night conducted by a small band of intrepid explorers of whom yours truly was one, and carried out with no thought for self on behalf of the small (and probably dwindling) readership of this blog, I can report that Singapore shuts somewhere between 2am and 2.30am. I'm not exactly sure of the time as by this stage it was difficult to focus on the annoyingly small hands on my watch, but I'm pretty certain it was about then. At the time this was very frustrating and there was much cursing amongst our small gang at the restrictive Singaporean licencing laws. How much easier Hong Kong is with it's 1 simple law - bars are allowed to stay open until the last person drops. The cold light of the 8am alarm call however revealed that perhaps this is not such a bad law after all, and perhaps they should even consider moving the closing time forward, preferably to shortly after dinner. It has been a loooooonnnnngggggg day at the conference attempting to concentrate but I think I succeeded.

It is now approaching 6.30pm and I am off for more research - this time the quest is sushi. I shall report back tomorrow....