Thursday, August 19, 2004

BLACKBERRY

My Blackberry has still failed to materialise after its mysterious disappearance during an impromptu night out last Thursday. I thought it might be an idea to get a new one in the spirit of corporate allegiance. The following exchange of emails took place (the names have been changed to protect the guilty)

Me
"i'm afraid i've lost my blackberry! it must have fallen out of my pocket in the cab home on thurs night. have searched here, home and called the taxi lost property office but no joy.

[IT bod] has disabled the email feed to it.

what do i need to do to get another one?

giles"


Company
"pod out"

Me
"is that some sort of code?"

Company
"it means the user pays"

Me
"So i never wanted one in the first place and don't want one now, but am willing to have one so that people can get hold of me at home and on holiday etc with work questions. And i'm expected to pay because it fell out of my pocket in a cab?

I think I shall just opt for being incommunicado when out of the office.

[IT bod] there are some bits for a blackberry you can feel free to remove from my desk if you want."


So if anyone wants to get hold of me, don't bother sending an email