Wednesday, July 07, 2004

PRINCESS DIANA

This headline on the BBC website made me grimace - Queen to unveil Diana's fountain.

Those who know me know that I despised her when she was alive, and still despise her now. She was nothing but a publicity-seeking, conniving, pain-in-the-arse (literally given her love of colonic irrigation) who thought when she married a prince life would be like a fairytale with endless castles, champagne and parties and then was shocked to discover that she actually had to do some work for a living.

Now I wouldn't wish death on anyone, but I am not going to pretend that I mourn her or was affected by her passing as so many people seem to do these days.

Still the fountain is designed to be "accessible" and "inclusive" to reflect her personality - that I agree with, as I'm sure would Barry Manakee, David Waterhouse, James Gilbey, James Hewitt, Oliver Hoare, Will Carling, Doctor Hasnar Khan, Bryan Adams (apparently!), and Dodi Fayed. Not bad for a woman who portrayed herself as sinned against because her hubby had an affair (though his taste has to be questionnable). More details here.

Now please can we be allowed to never have to hear her name again.