Monday, July 19, 2004

ANTI-SEMITISM

France and Israel are at loggerheads since Israeli PM Ariel Sharon sugested Jews should leave France and move to Israel to escape anti-semitism.

Now I'm a total heathen when it comes to all religion. I've never really got my head round any of them, and I certainly can't understand why religions seem to hate each other so much.

So looking at this from the point of view of someone who doesn't really understand what all the fuss is about, is he really trying to suggest that it is safer for a Jew to be in Israel, surrounded by millions of people (some of whom are prepared to die in their efforts to attack and kill Jews) and sovereign nations (of which at least 1, Iran, is actively seeking nuclear weapons),who are openly sworn to the total destruction of Israel, than to be in France?

I know there was a whole saga years ago about some bloke called Dreyfus but really. Come on Ariel me old mate. Who do you think you are kidding?