Tuesday, July 20, 2004

CABLE TV AND SPORTS COVERAGE

Now that ESPN/STAR Sports is moving to Now Broadband TV it seems I have little choice but to follow them.

The woman at i-Cable seemd very confused when I informed her I was cancelling my contract because of the sports coverage and kept bleating on about them having the English Premier League rights so how could I leave. My protestations that...
a) my team are Leicester City who are no longer in the Premiership,
b) I want to watch rugby and/or cricket. These sports are no longer available on i-Cable so why on earth would I continue to pay for the service
c) Even if my team were in the Premiership I would rather stick pins in my eyes than stay up all night to watch 22 neanderthals hoof a ball about...
all seemed incomprehensible to her. Am I really the only person in HK who doesn't give a monkeys chuff about the Premiership (or Beckhams latest hairstyle)?

Anyway - looks like it's Now Broadband for me.

Has anyone tried it and got any comments, advice or tips?