Tuesday, May 18, 2004

TECHNOLOGY - PART XMLXVCLXMIV (I've lost count)

So - after 3 days of playing around I finally got the laptop to acknowledge the existence of the card reader for my MP3 player. Hurrah. I had been round the same set of songs about 4 times and was starting to get a bit desperate!

BUT - as always.... there is a downside. The external CD Drive/Burner is back on the "doesn't exist" list. My laptop acknowledges there is a driver but says there is some problem with it. I have now reached the point where I no longer care and am going to use this as an excuse to go out and buy a new external drive and get a CD and DVD Reader/Burner to replace it.

Hopefully this will finally end this saga.

And next time it goes haywire I'm just going to throw the damn thing away and buy a new version of everything - it may be more expensive but it has to be easier than going through this pain.