Wednesday, May 19, 2004

BREAKFAST

As some of you may remember I am very particular about my breakfast, and especially so when it comes to the topping on my toast. for the last few weeks I have been making do with Chivers Olde English Thick Cut Marmalade as an adequate substitute for the one true marmalade - Frank Coopers Original Thick Cut English Marmalade. Chivers do make a good product, but in the final analysis only Frank Coopers finest really cuts the mustard (so to speak).

Clearly my moaning about the lack of the real thing had started to grate on Mrs Cs nerves because unbeknown to me she had put a note in the suggestion box of the local Wellcome supermarket requesting they get some in quick.

Well guess what.

Not only did they get some, they called my wife to say so! You don't get service like that back in blighty. Off she trotted and there it was. Two 12 jar packs on the shelf just waiting to be snapped up. Except now there is only one pack. The other is sitting next to the coffee in our kitchen.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - breakfast......