Wednesday, May 12, 2004

TECHNOLOGY - PART III

So tried for an hour or so to get things working again last night.

On the external CD Burner - found the CD Rom it came with, but the exisiting CD Drive in the machine wouldn't read it. Tried to find it on the manufacturuers website - no joy at the HK website but have found it on their global website. Problem is it's a zipped file. How do I go about unzipping it?

Re MP3 recorders...

iTunes requires Windows 2000 or later - I have Windows 98

AudioGrabber installed fine but then told me I should go and get a better MP3 encoder (I thought that's what AudioGrabber was?) - recommended something callmed LAME (not a good name for any product). Sort of found it - but then had the same "zipped" problem as above.

So... Henry - you said RealPlayer has some sort of security thing i can turn off. If I turn that off ill it just encode as normal MP3 files without the security key? If so then i will use that. I'm not an audiophile so encoding at 96kbits (realplayers highest level) is fine for me.

HELP!!!!!!