Thursday, May 13, 2004

TECHNOLOGY PART VI

It works!

It took 4 computer "experts" 2 1/2 hours but they got my external CD Drive/Burner working, and somehow (still not sure how) I managed to switch off the security feature on RealPlayer and last night started the process or rerecording all my CDs to MP3. Burnt a couple of tracks to a CD to try in my new funky CD/DVD/Hard Drive recorder video thingy which plays MP3 files and it worked fine - except I had the volume turned up unexpectedly high - the dogs both look very alarmed as the first notes of Back in Black made the whole place vibrate!

I do think the time is fast approaching though when I will need to make an investment in a totally new PC - probably go for a box affair rather than a laptop this time - so I shall soon be asking for views and opinions on what I should be putting in there.