Wednesday, May 05, 2004

THE MOTORING SECTION

To the governement driver of Toyota Crown Comfort, reg no AM69 - just because it is raining a little does NOT mean you have to crawl along straight roads at 20km/h. Tyre manufacturers have in fact noticed that water decreases grip, and so have employed the cunning device of "tread" in the tyre to ensure contact is maintained between the tyre and the road. I do agree that occasionally, in very heavy rain on a flat surface, this may fail and a car may aquaplane, but we had light drizzle this morning and were driving down the side of a mountain.

And to Taxi reg KT7648 - I left a space between myself and the car in front in case he should decide to brake, to give myself room to avoid crashing into the back of him. It's a basic driving tactic and something you should have learnt yourself when learning to drive (assuming you ever had lessons). I did NOT leave a space so you could pull in without indicating and leave me about 1 1/2 centimetres of space, arsehole. Please remember that next time you wonder why there is an angry gweilo right behind you screaming obscenities and gesticulating.