Wednesday, July 20, 2005

SCOTLAND (with apologies to Mia, who seems to love all things Scottish)

It's a very rare indeed that my mother and I see eye to eye on anything, but I just got an email from my mother who is on her way back from her first trip to the Outer Hebrides (my brother-in-law's family have a place there and my sister is there with her family at the moment).

I quote...

sitting in bloody glasgow airport rain fog mist drizzle i HATE scotland never never to return though majestic scenery getting here but granite grubby restarants grubby people who talk fuunny LONG for civilisation no wonder they all emigrated

(that may also explain where I get my notoriously laissez-faire attitude towards punctuation and grammar from)

there's then some family stuff followed by...

never wiil i venture into unknown terriory again cured for life

raining again and fog give me sweaty london anyday


Well said Mum, though even I am appalled at the lack of the odd comma.