Friday, October 15, 2004

I'LL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD

Last night, in a bout of gravity-induced madness (see below), I decided to walk home. Not that arduous you may think, but remember I live on the Peak....

Fortunately for me we have just moved offices and are now very close to the base of the Peak Tram so it is easy to find a route up (apart from just hopping on the Tram). I settled on Tramway Path up to McDonnell Rd, then Brewin Path to May Road, then Chatham Path to Barker Rd and finally Hospital Path to home sweet home.

So off I go.

What a fool...

It looks close, easy and a nice bracing walk away from the traffic.

Turns out it is fcuking steep, fcuking miles, and fcuking hard work. Also above May Road the paths are not lit so it is fcuking dark.

45 sweaty minutes later I arrived home.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry!