Wednesday, October 13, 2004

HE AINT HEAVY, HE'S MY REFLECTION

Just back from first trip to the gym since SARS (moving buildings puts these stupid ideas into your head). A few things seem to have changed since my last visit to a gym.

Firstly absolutely EVERYONE has an iPOd. I could tell people were looking at my little Panasonic MP3 thingy and sniggering.

Secondly, there are even more machines now to inflict pain on muscles I never knew I had, and most of them are way to complicated for a simpleton like me to understand.

But by far the most significant change is gravity. Clearly gravity has got a lot stronger since my last visit to a gym.

I'm sure the weights were lighter before, and no matter how many sets of scales I stood on I couldn't find any that were within 4 kgs of my last time on the scales, and they weren't telling me I'd lost weight!

I'm blaming it on the fact that in our last place the gym was on the 36th floor whereas here it is on the 3rd. I had no idea there was so much more gravity down near the ground!

Where are Einstein and Newton when you need them to back you up?