Thursday, November 11, 2004

CLARIFICATION OF MY PREVIOUS POST

Having had two Americans ask me yesterday whether I knew that Karl Rove had not really made those comments, I would like to clarify that yes, I am aware there were not real comments, and yes, I do know that the purported press conference never happened.

In fact I would like to go further and say that that was the whole point of the post, which was meant to be amusing.

I intend to borrow a tactic successfully employed by American television for years, and shall in future be putting up signs with the words "LAUGH NOW" at the end of any future humourous posts so that American readers are able to easily identify those that are meant to light-hearted and/or funny and react appropriately.

I apologise for any misunderstandings that may have arisen from a lack of clarity in past posts.

I misunderestimated my readership (LAUGH NOW)